Firstly to make a chia seed pudding you need to make the chia seed gel. You can use any liquid for this water and plant based liquids work best: coconut milk, coconut water or almond milk. The ratio is 3 tablespoons of chia seeds: 1 cup of liquid.
My favourite at the moment is a vanilla banana chia seed pudding with coconut milk or water.
I find this is a great snack to take to work or to have after dinner to stop you munching on naughty things!!
Serves 1-2 depending on meal
- 3 tablespoons of black or white chia seeds
- 1 cup of water or almond milk or coconut milk
- 1 vanilla bean pod cut in half with seeds scraped out
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1 mushed up banana
1. Mix the chia seeds and liquid into a bowl this can also all be done in a blender if making in bulk.
2. Stir once initially and then every 5 minutes for 15 minutes or unit the chia seeds have soaked up all the liquid and is of a gel consistency. If you are using this for breakfast you can wrap up and leave overnight.
3. Mix in the other ingredients and add more spice or vanilla if necessary.
4. Top with bran, blueberries, cacao powder, or anything else you can think of.