4 large leeks (sliced)
1kg potatoes - I used Ruby Lou (peeled and sliced)
5 large cloves of garlic (sliced)
1 litre vegetable/chicken stock
A knob of butter
Salt and white pepper - to taste
- Heat a large, deep, nonstick frying pan to a medium heat and add the butter.
- Once the butter is melted add the garlic, leeks, salt and pepper, and cook until soft; stirring occasionally.
- Add the sliced potatoes and cover with stock.
- Loosely cover with a lid and simmer until the potatoes are soft - about 20-30 minutes.
- Once cooled a little, use a hand/stick blender until the soup is smooth.
- Ladle into and bowl and add garnish if you want to look posh.