1 medium brown onion
2 tablespoons crushed garlic
150g diced bacon
2 medium zucchini (courgettes)
1 medium red capsicum (pepper)
12 large eggs
Salt to taste
- Pre heat oven to 175 (fan bake).
- Heat pan to medium and add garlic and onions, stir and after a minute add the bacon. Stir occasionally.
- Wait until browning and add the capsicum and zucchini and stir. Add salt to taste and stir again. Check and stir occasionally while preparing eggs.
- Crack eggs, 6 at a time into a large glass measuring jug and whisk until mixed. Then pour equally into the muffin tin.
- Spoon bacon, capsicum and zucchini mixture evenly between the eggs and put trays into oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the tops are golden and the frittatas are cooked through.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool slightly before eating.
- Put any remaining frittatas in an air right container and refrigerating.
- You can take to work as snacks or eat as part of a meal.
- Awesome extra protein snack for post-workout.
- These can be eaten warm or cold.
- Great to have in the fridge as a standby, I often make them on a Sunday for the week ahead.