The basic rules of diet and exercise still apply to get, or keep, your figure. What goes in might not come out - so take care in what you eat and burn up the excess energy you consume with movement.
If you find it hard beginning a new year the same size that you left the old one then here are a few tips to help you stop gaining that extra weight:
- Notice what you are putting in your mouth, this one is tricky while you have friends and family that you're chatting with, but it's worth a try to look at each mouthful before you eat it.
- Fill your plate with a little of everything at the buffet table - if you just go and pick bits and pieces you're more likely to eat more overall.
- A 'little' bit of a treat is not the problem, so be mindful about your portion sizes.
- Remember that alcohol is full of empty calories - whereby you can easily put on weight from drinking, and you don't get any good nutritional benefits from those calories.
- Keep moving - play active games with your friends or the kids, rather that just sitting around.
- Plus.... the GOLDEN RULE is to be prepared - just like a cub scout! If you have healthy options and less bad foods to tempt you then you're less likely to make the bad choices when you're on the go and don't have time to go to the shops.
What are your tips? Do you care if you put on weight over Christmas?