I do... so I devised a way to remember to do things. The Reminder Sticker.
It's easy, you just put some kind of sticker in a place that you'll see it, and every time you see that sticker you'll remember to do something.
At the moment I'm being thankful that I have students to share yoga with. My sticker is a green arrow and it's just amongst the props section of the yoga room, so I see it each time I go to get a belt, block or eye pillow.
I must admit, this has evolved just since last week. For years now I've been trying to get my personal training clients to drink more water, so I suggested using the sticker on a computer monitor at work, or by a light switch at home, etc... and for them to drink a glass of water or take a sip from their water bottle every time they saw the dot.
However, last week I was at a business meeting and someone was saying how they were looking for an alarm to go off at the same time every day to remind them to be thankful. Jen was having trouble finding one and I could see that if she was in the middle of a client meeting or driving then the reminder would be wasted. So, I thought about expanding the uses for the water sticker.... and hence, the Reminder Sticker was born!
Have you used a similar technique? If so, what was it and did it work?
- Just make it a reminder for 1 thing.
- Make that thing, or task simple and quick - or you won't do it.
- Change the location of your sticker every couple of weeks, so that you don't start ignoring it.
- Change your reminder as often as you want.
- Don't have too many reminders at once, or you'll get too distracted from every day tasks.
- Opposite the toilet is a great place, if it's a reminder to think of something or to smile - not